When I found out I was pregnant, I swore I’d:
1. Snap pictures each week to do all those cute weekly updates I’d been obsessed with on Pinterest.
2. I’d walk, workout, eat perfectly, and stay healthier than I had ever been!
3. Not wear ugly maternity jeans
4. Treasure the time my hubby and I had together, alone. I know things will be a bit different for a while once these two extra little feet come into the picture
5. Slow down, shoot sessions that I love, and take time to develop my style as a photographer. Once Daniela arrives, I will have limited time to shoot, and I want those sessions to be meaningful for both my clients and I.
So how have things gone during these 21 weeks? Drum roll please….
1. …aaaaannd 21 weeks later I took ONE picture. It was at 12 weeks, and I didn’t even get around to posting it! So this is my chance to catch up, and hopefully I will get better from this point on. It is unbelievable that in about 4 months I will have a little girl in my arms!
2. I’ve taken a total of 3 great noteworthy walks. (Uno, dos, tres) I’ve tried half of a yoga dvd, eaten waaaaaay too many pancakes, and just overdosed on Easter jelly beans. I will say though, my veggie consumption is awesome. Love green drinks, veggie frittatas, and arugula salads!
3. I’ve officially outgrown my regular jeans and have now joined the maternity clothes loving world. Can I just say LOVE again? The jeans are not as bad as I thought, and I managed to find a few stylish options that are the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I don’t think I will let go of these, ever!
4. Treasuring hubby time. Every single second. It’s in the little moments like uninterrupted dinners, watching way too many 30 Rock episodes on Netflix together (we got rid of our t.v. – I know, gasp!) Pinkberry dates, and cuddle time.
5. Shooting: I’m proud to say that I’m finally getting there. Though challenging, the last months of photography have been full of growth. Shooting more purposefully has forced me to prep more for sessions, and make sure my clients and I are on the same page. I know what I don’t want to shoot, and what makes me leave a shoot feeling empty. I also know what images give me that walking on clouds feeling, when you have just created something really special. Creating true moments is what I love, and families that treasure those images are who I want to work with.
So… I have about 4 months to improve my weekly updates. I know I may fall short, but this is a good start!
I'm still at the "are you pregnant or did you eat too much" phase, depending what I wear. This is me at 21 weeks!
I debated on posting this pic, because I didn't know if I wanted to post all my business out there. But, I know in the months to come there will be a lot of swelling, growing of things left and right, and I think it will be fun to share the transformation! Daniela was off to a slow start at first, but the baby bump is now officially here!
This is one of the rocks in my life, my sister. We are about 10 days apart. Since this is her third baby, she's obviously winning the who has a better rocking baby bump competition. I think she looks amazing! Daniela will be blessed to grow up with her baby boy cousin!
The man who brightens up all of my days. I adore him.
So now I’m off to have a really great walk and cook a really healthy dinner! Hopefully my next update will be sooner than later